Monday, February 23, 2009

?


I had every intention of blogging on an almost-daily basis. Then came two of the most miserable weeks in my kids' lives. Well, not really, but it sounds good. The cold virus that they all got lasted a week solid. In fact, Rebekah's kept going right into double ear infections, and Aedan ended up needing a nebulizer to help him breathe for two days. I wish I had gotten pictures, he was so cute, biting on the tube of the nebulizer, the "smoke" of the albuterol all around him. He could have put that Phelps picture to shame. The doctor said he sounded like a squeaky toy, being chewed on by a dog. He sure loved all the attention, you'd never have known how sick he was, he smiled so much. The only clue was the awful rattling noise you could literally feel when you held him. But offer him a "burrito" and a binky, and he was happy. When he grows up he's going to fall asleep at the mention of Taco Bell.






I did finally manage to pick up the bedspreads Mom gave us Christmas money to purchase. (Here are the pictures Mom) and yes, those are the bunk beds my brothers grew up sleeping on.











In fact, they are so warm that I have to sneak into the kids rooms when they are asleep and fold them down so they don't wake up drenched in sweat. Our apartment stays around 68. If we use the oven it is hotter than 70. If we open the windows, it only cools down to 66. I know, most of you have cold weather and snow! So I'm not really complaining.... bragging, maybe?













Aren't they the cutest sickos? Even Ethan Sr and I got sick. Well, I usually catch what the kids have, but he doesn't. We did make one fascinating discovery in the cupboard as I was trying to clean.




And I got a lot of reading done. I read the entire Ender's Game quartet by Orson Scott Card, and I am working through Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I am ashamed to admit that we also watched all the American Idol tryouts. As evidenced by my girls copying a hairstyle they saw on the TV:

















And Aedan tried to get in the shower with me...

Well, that's the update for the two weeks we were invalids....

No comments:

Post a Comment