Lately I've been "tagged" by several friends and family in their "25 random things..." note on Facebook. So here goes...
1. I hate gum. I can handle any mess my kids, cats, dog, bird (or husband) throw at me, I've changed THOUSANDS of diapers. But I can't stand gum. People chewing it, or when it's discarded... I'm getting sick just typing, I have to stop.
2. I would LOVE to live on a farm. To have a cow, chickens... baby pigs. And a large garden.
3. My mom thinks we need to live on a farm, and some of you think my house is a zoo. The kids are researching their next pet, when we get a house to put it in.
4. I have lived in 19 homes, in lots of places. Fremont, CA; Elk Grove, CA; Farmington, NY; Mendon, NY; Las Vegas, NV; Provo, UT - in Deseret Towers, Heritage Halls; Boulder City, NV; Provo, UT again; North Las Vegas, with Ethan's aunt; across the street from Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas; Junction City, Kansas, in a trailer with walls you could see through; Fort Riley, KS; Provo, UT -AGAIN - in the Boulders and then in a condo; Redding, CA; Olympia, WA, and back to Elk Grove, CA. When we buy a house I will have lived in 20 places... six since Ethan Jr was born, and he turns 5 in May. I hate moving.
5. I LOVE disaster flicks. They are so dramatic, and I truly feel that by learning all the stupid things people do in cheesy disaster flicks, and then by not doing them, I will survive. If the world freezes... if an asteroid hits... a large earthquake... dragons... nuclear attack... volcanoes... the list is endless.
6. I have a BS in BS. Really. A Bachelor of Science, in Social Science. From Kansas State University. I graduated with Bekah kicking my insides as hard as she could... she still kicks, watch out.
7. My college credit was collected a variety of ways... AP credit, BYU, UNLV, Barton County Community College, and KSU.
8. I hate people breathing on me. I remember when my parents made me share with my little sister one time (I can't remember if we were traveling) and she faced me (asleep) and was breathing on me, and it woke me up. Ethan laughs at me because whenever he turns in bed, I turn. Baby breath is ok... but past 2 years old, I don't care how sweet it is DONT BREATHE ON ME!
9. I used to read big unabridged classics. I loved it then, but I struggle now. My husband reads the big books now. My goal this year is to read more big books than he does. I'll ignore the house and kids if I have to.
10. I hated my chore lists as a kid. Now they're my favorite... for my kids. Even Ethan Jr. has regular jobs. I plan on raising self-sufficient little children. Besides, if they do it, I don't have to. And I can read big books.
11. I hate dishes the worst. When we lived in the trailer in Junction City, KS, it didn't have a dishwasher. I actually packed a box of dirty dishes when we moved on base and used the dishwasher in our new home.
12. I love doing my taxes. I like reading about tax laws and laws in general.
13. If there is music, I have to walk in step to the beat. With the left foot first. I admit, sometimes I probably roll-step, too. And if there is really good stuff playing, I catch myself conducting. At least my urges to drum on everything have subsided over the years. Unless there's a really good beat...
14. I did not own a hairdryer for probably 10 years. I am morally opposed to them. Then my husband (who is bald and beautiful) was given one at a work conference with the company logo on it.
15. I am a closet liberal. Not really, but my husband always accuses me of struggling with my political identity. I voted for a Democrat before. In Utah, though, I guess that doesn't count. But I am an independent, and am sick of both the Dems and the Repubs. Lets kick all the #!%$ out!
16. I love holiday candy. Message hearts for Valentines, Jelly beans for Easter, Pumpkin creme things with candy corns for Halloween, and EVERYTHING at Christmas.
17. I hate other people giving my kids candy. So don't do it, I am their mom, and I will control when they go ballistic. Preferably when their dad is home, so I don't go crazy, too. Don't give it to them at school, and DO NOT give it to them at church - are you nuts? Oh, and the nice old guy who wanted to give them candy at the store, but I said no thank you, I forgive you for yelling at me that kids these days have no fun. I beg to differ. And I didn't think you were trying to abduct them or poison them, but still. Nothing personal.
18. I wanted to go to law school. Then I had Bekah. And Ethan Jr. So I became a polysci news junkie.
19. I love window clings. Hearts in Feb, clovers in March; bunnies, eggs and flowers in Apr... you get it. I found pilgrims - finally - this last November. If I could only find patriotic window stickers, my life would be complete.
20. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. Bandannas are my friends.
21. I hated pink growing up - violently. Then I had two girls in a row, and now I do several loads of pink-themed laundry every week.
22. I am addicted to modern technology.
23. I would be perfectly happy listening to Loreena McKennett sing Alfred Tennyson's poem "The Lady of Shalott" over and over while looking at John William Waterhouse's painting of the same name.
24.I am deathly afraid of spiders now, even big black widows on a billboard at the point of the mountain in Utah several years ago. Still freaks me out.
25. When it's dark, there are sharks in the deep end of the swimming pool, I swear.
26. (I know it's extra, but it's cute) My son said to be careful with your pinkie finger, it's the most specialest finger you have.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment